Thursday, April 16, 2009

Candle Light Vigil

We all closed our eyes as the candle wax dripped down and burnt our frozen hands. The wind blew fiercely, licking every flickering light into mere darkness. The sullen music was taken and danced around the field intertwined with the harmonious sounds of the windy night. Girls choked to death and boys swallowed down frogs that dropped down down down the abyss of their stomachs. Drying eyes hugged strangers that doubled as best friends in harrowing times. Mother Nature’s loud bellows drowned out the voices of the sniffling speakers, but told us that he was there. Hugging us, pulling our hair over our eyes.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a college student. I am studying for what I've always wanted to do (write) and what will keep me learning (teach)